TF727, A518, A618, 47RE, 48RE Steel Front Drum & X-Large Piston
Product #: K123900SH
TF727, A518, A618, 47RE & 48RE Billet Steel Front Drum & Extra Large Billet Aluminum Piston
This billet steel drum has been CNC machined from AIAI/SAE 1040-1045 Medium-Carbon Machinery Steel - NO Cast Iron used in this one!
- Stronger, more reliable and safer than the O.E.M. cast iron drum - Ideal for street use
- Will hold up to 6 friction plates versus 4 in the O.E.M. unit
- 55% MORE Piston Apply Surface Area! This results in double the clamping force needed in third gear
- Engineered with dual oil apply passages for even piston apply
- Kit comes with a precision EXTRA-LARGE CNC machined billet aluminum piston
- OPTIONAL- TCS drum spring retainer & 15 springs. (#123900DSR)
727 high gear drum distortion and explosion testing simulates the event of sprag failure which can cause the front drum to increase in RPM by a factor of 2.2 times engine speed. TCS Products offers optional drums to deal with this for high performance applications.
View Drum Test Reults Here.