TF727, A518, A618, 47RE & 48RE Billet Steel Front Drum & Extra Large Billet Aluminum Piston
- This billet steel drum has been CNC machined from 4140 HTSR billet steel – NO Cast Iron used in this one! Stronger, more reliable and safer than the O.E.M. cast iron drum – Ideal for street use.
- Will hold up to 6 friction plates versus 4 in the O.E.M. unit.
- 55% MORE Piston Apply Surface Area! This results in double the clamping force needed in third gear.
- Engineered with dual oil apply passages for even piston apply.
- Kit comes with a precision EXTRA-LARGE CNC machined billet aluminum piston.
OPTIONAL– TCS drum spring retainer & 15 springs. (#123900DSR).
727 high gear drum distortion and explosion testing simulates the event of sprag failure which can cause the front drum to increase in RPM by a factor of 2.2 times engine speed. TCS Products offers optional drums to deal with this for high performance applications.
View Drum Test Reults Here.